The first annual Lubbock Con burst onto Lubbock on February 20, 2016.
It had been a year in the planning, well organized and went off without a hitch. It was held at the Lubbock Civic Center, the memorial hall build on the site of the 1970 tornado. A large banquet hall housed the vendors, which ranged from fan artists, comic book artist Will Terrell, Cake Creations and authors, Sekji Ani, Ann Swann and the Lubbock Literary Coalition. Gaming had a separate room, and there were three rooms of panel discussions throughout the day. Outside the main hall was a large foyer which had information booths and photo stands of superheros. What made Lubbock Con great was that it was so inclusive. It ran the gamut from steampunk to comic books, movie characters, comic books, superhero from movies, comics and video games. Anything remotely speculative was included. The cosplay contest had over 80 entries. and the Miss Lubbock Con had a male entry! All in all, a great day. It was an amazing first year, and everyone expects a great second year.
Search the site
Recent Posts (some content accessible only by members)
- Black Jade – A Daiyu Wu Mystery is available for Pre-Order May 19, 2021
- Broad Universe NetGalley program on hold May 15, 2021
- Rapid Fire Reading! February 7, 2021
- Letter supporting Black Lives Matter June 12, 2020
- A Special NetGalley Deal May 16, 2020
- Broads in the time of COVID-19 April 1, 2020
- New Release – Alien Redemption March 1, 2020
- Statement from Our President April 24, 2019
- Broad Universe Statement about Arisia 2019 November 20, 2018
- Book Giveaway September 23, 2018